St. Luke’s Hospital
St. Luke’s Hospital is a Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) Institution and is owned by the Anglican Diocese of Upper Shire (ADUS) and is situated at Malosa in Zomba. St. Luke’s Hospital invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Job Title : Pharmacist
Grade : I
Reporting to : Senior Medical Officer
Salary : Within Government Salary Scale Segment of Grade I
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Will be actively involved in the dispensing of medicines
• Must be able to conduct training of other support staff on medicinal products
• Must be able to manage inventory and assist on the selection of products
• Must be able to conducting appraisals and performance reviews
• Must ensure good standards for quality, customer service, health and safety
• Must be able to manage patient signs and symptoms
• Must be able to aid counseling of patients on rational drug use
• Must be able involved in compiling daily, weekly and monthly electronic reports
• Facilitate the disposal of damaged and expired products
• Must have sound knowledge of the countries health treatment guidelines
• Liaising with rules and regulations of the pharmacy medicines and poisons board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
• Must be registered with the Pharmacy Medicines and Poisons Board of Malawi
• Must be a self starter with ability to work under minimal supervision
• Should be in possession of Malawi School Certificate of Education
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High levels of Integrity and confidentiality
• Must be a reliable team player with good problem solving skills.
Interested job applicants meeting the above job specifications should submit their applications to the following address:
The Chief Hospital Administrator
St. Luke’s Hospital
P.O. Box 21
Attention: The Senior Human Resource and Management Officer
Closing date for submission of application is by 12:00 Noon 14th October, 2021. Only shortlisted Applicants will be acknowledged.