Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from USAID through FHI360, MACRO is implementing the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EPIC) Project in Machinga and Zomba districts. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Outreach Worker for its DREAMS AGYW project component to be based in Zomba.
Outreach Worker serves hand in hand with Peer Educators reaching out to Key Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in conducting HIV & AIDS awareness campaigns among other duties as listed below.
- Troubleshoots field level outreach issues brought out by peer educators
- Conducts field visits, awareness generation and field counselling
- Develops team work plans/micro-plans
- Organizes advocacy meetings and conducts group sessions
- Listing and meeting with local private practitioners of the target area
- Facilitates the process of capacity building of peer volunteers
- Responsible for weekly report writing, record keeping, MIS
- Maintains the stocks (medicine, condoms, IEC materials)
- Records feedback from the community
- MSCE or its equivalent
- Minimum of Certificate in Community Development, HIV and AIDS Management, Social Work or any other related qualification from a reputable institution.
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS Programing will be added advantage.
- Must be in a reasonably good health and sound state of mind
- Be motivated, enthusiastic, sensitive and have a genuine desire to help others
- Must have no criminal record
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with the language, culture and religious beliefs of the community of Zomba will be an added advantage.
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees addressed to:
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 797,
Lilongwe by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 21st September, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.