Funder: Nascent Solutions Inc. (Nascent)
Location: Lilongwe and Blantyre
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a US-based non-profit organization founded in 2004. It is registered in Malawi with the Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Board of Malawi. The mission of the organization is to fight poverty by building capacity for less privileged people in rural Africa and enable them to achieve self-sufficiency and total responsibility for their well-being. The organization’s major areas of intervention are humanitarian assistance, agricultural development and food security, basic health care, education and skills training, and the protection of women’s and children’s rights. The organization works with various target populations to identify need areas and provide practical and sustainable interventions that respond to those needs. Nascent Solution(Inc.) therefore invites applications from a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the following position:
Job Title : Temporary Data Entry Clerks (8)
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
The Data Entry Clerks will be required every quarter and they will work in close coordination with the education team (Education & Literacy Officers).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately enter program data into DH
- Identify and correct data entry errors using appropriate quality control techniques
- Update existing records in the DHIS2 database
- Ensure proper storage and filing of all source documents after entry.
- Double-checking on submitted data against other source documents and registers
- Communicating timely to the M&E team and Project team on data gaps
- Report on any red flags in data to the M&E Officers
- Maintain professionalism as a Data Entry Support person by observing confidentiality policies as related to the data that is being entered
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Must be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in primary education, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Proven previous experience having worked as a data entry clerk, data entry supervisor, or once involved in an assignment that involved mass data collection, entry, and database management.
- knowledge of National Reading Program coaching
- Fast and accurate typing/data entry ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (e.g Excel)
- Working knowledge of DHIS2 system
- Knowledge of primary school teacher coaching will be an added advantage
- Great attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to manage self and prioritize workload
How to Apply
Interested data entry clerks should apply by submitting the following documents in a single PDF no later than Friday 18th September 2021. Submissions must be made via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Temporary Data Entry Clerk”. Applications, submitted through other means shall not be considered.
The application should be addressed to the Recuiting Officer, Nascent Solutions, P.O Box 31232, Lilongwe, and no phone calls.