PSI Malawi is affiliated to Population Service International, a Washington DC based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi mission is to support low income and at- risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position;
Family Planning Provider (Nurse)
- Maintain a clear and well-arranged client flow at an outreach clinic and assist in preparing clients for procedures.
- Oversee that the equipment for family planning (FP) procedure is cleaned and processed in line with set infection prevention standards and regulations.
- Replenish the supplies and making sure that RH equipment and supplies are adequate, ready and available on daily basis for outreach activities.
- Conduct opts out HIV counselling and testing services using national testing guidelines
- Provide FP services according to PSI Malawi Service Delivery protocols during outreach clinics.
- Adhere to the client counseling and education standards, including contraceptive choice at all times.
- Perform implant and IUCD insertions and removals on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Provide assistance in BTL procedures on clients and counsel on wound care including how to report complications
- Manage and refer complications and/or adverse events reported during outreach clinics as per AE communication and referral protocol
- Strictly adhere to service delivery, quality assurance and quality improvement guidelines and standard procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly online QA/QI continuous professional development/medical education (CPD/CME) sessions
- Participate in the monthly team level quality improvement review meetings.
- Fill client in the intake forms and registers correctly
- Ensure availability of RH tools, guidelines, protocols and checklists are available at the site for use and for reference by the team.
- Demonstrate technical competence during periodic performance assessments.
- Contribute effectively to team work through active participation in team activities and tasks
- Ensure improved demand for services through identification of actionable innovations
- Conduct funds requisition and fuel reconciliation timely
- Update on regular basis the stock status and keeps the inventory record
- Ensure that drivers are operating according to policy and following fleet wave system
- Compile daily and weekly data reports
- Maintains the safety of equipment and supplies at a team level.
Qualification, Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Applicants must have a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (Nurse Midwife Technician) with at least three years’ experience in providing SRHR Service in a busy setting, preferably a hospital.
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Malawi
- Must be open and have a positive attitude to serve clients, including
- Must be Willing to travel 75% of time in rural areas’
- Be self-starter, effective team player and demonstrated verifiable result-oriented track record
- Must have a good grasp of the current issues pertaining to SRHR and other Social Health issues in Malawi
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, facilitation and negotiate skills
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 16th September, 2021, to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as a subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or related medical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts or threats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors or anyone associated with the delivery of our programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.