Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) is a comprehensive health and allied sciences higher learning institution with the primary function of training health professionals that are globally competent but locally relevant.
In fulfillment of its vision and as part of its income generating strategy, the University provides services on commercial basis at its clinics, one of which is situated at Mount Pleasant in Blantyre. The clinic operates as an outpatient and has a team of thirty specialist doctors in different areas of medicine. The University is inviting applications from well qualified Malawians to join the Clinic in Blantyre on the following position:
CLINIC RECEPTIONIST (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Clinic Coordinator, the Receptionist will be responsible for managing the reception and the front office. He/she will work on full-time basis and will be offered an initial contract of 2 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
Among others, the receptionist shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Welcoming patients/clients and providing initial answers to their queries, directing them to right offices, and making them comfortable while they wait for service.
- Scheduling client appointments and making appointment confirmation calls
- Managing the phone switchboard throughout the day and channeling the calls to the right members of
- Checking clients in and out for appointments, including accepting copays and gathering updated insurance information
- Verifying patient insurance eligibility and benefits.
- Responding to internal and external emails
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Should have a Malawi School Certificate of Education and a diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business
Administration or its equivalent
- Trained in customer care
- Willing to work in odd hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Those with experience in a similar post will have an added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the requirements indicated above should submit applications including copies of certificates and a detailed CV with names, emails and contacts of 3 traceable professional referees, (one of which must be from the most recent or current employer) to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Private Bag 360
Applications should be submitted by close of business on 17th September, 2021. Those submitting via email should indicate the title of the post on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.