Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) is a comprehensive health and allied sciences higher learning institution with the primary function of training health professionals that are globally competent but locally relevant.
In fulfillment of its vision and as part of its income generating strategy, the University provides services on commercial basis at its clinics, one of which is situated at Mount Pleasant in Blantyre. The clinic operates as an outpatient and has a team of thirty specialist doctors in different areas of medicine. The University is inviting applications from well qualified Malawians to join the Clinic in Blantyre on the following position:
MEDICAL OFFICER (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Clinic Director, the Medical Officer will be required to undertake their clinical responsibilities and to conduct themselves in all matters relating to their employment, in accordance with the best practice and relevant ethical and professional standards and guidelines as determined by the Medical Council of Malawi and other professional bodies.
The successful candidate will be initially engaged for 6 months subject to renewal upon satisfactory
Duties and Responsibilities
Among others, the Medical Officer shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting Clinical Assessment of patients and manage them accordingly
- Ensuring the highest standards of patient care for patients/clients attending the clinic
- Attending to referred cases from other members of the team
- Mentoring and supervising of other team members
- Taking part in drafting annual budgets and work plans in collaboration with other departments for smooth running of the clinic
- Ensuring timely, appropriate and smooth referral of cases for specialists’ attention
- Ensuring that there isproper documentation and detailed notes in medical records
- Writing relevant reports
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or its equivalent from any recognized institution
- Registered with the Medical Council of Malawi
- At least 1 year work experience post internship experience
- Flexible to work in a fast growing and changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work during odd hours
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the requirements indicated above should submit applications including copies of certificates and a detailed CV with names, emails and contacts of 3 traceable professional referees, (one of which must be from the most recent or current employer) to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Private Bag 360
Applications should be submitted by close of business on 17th September, 2021. Those submitting via email should indicate the title of the post on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.