Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Malawi?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to the Republic of Malawi, starting in October 2021.
- Develop a plan to strengthen relationships with our key target groups for public diplomacy, including by suggesting newsletter, regular events or other tools/approaches.
- Create a database of relevant contacts for tracking of relationships (based on CRM/SRM tools – customer/stakeholder relations management)
- Undertake desk research on key issues of interest (eg. key government institutions, MPS, MDF, Civil society in Malawi, indigenisation, etc.) to feed into fact sheets and/or reporting
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in Malawi with valid visa or resident permit will be considered
- Degree in political science, international relations or communication/marketing
- Fluency in English
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Malawi must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.