Ministry of Information
A. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The Ministry of Information (MoI) derives its mandate from the Public Service Act No. 19 of 1994; Section 18 – 20. The Ministry was established to provide policy direction and guidance in the production and dissemination of public information, coordinate and manage Information and Communication Technology (ICT) development and services. The vision of MoI is to have a well informed and ICT driven nation with a mission of promoting and regulating access to public information, spearhead the development of ICT products and services through utilization of innovative information and communication technologies for sustainable socio-economic development.
The strategic Objectives of MoI are the following:
- To provide an enabling environment for information, communication and technology development;
- To develop, promote access to information and coordinating public information; programmes through utilization of innovative information and communication technologies; and
- To promote access and use of E-Services, ICT infrastructure and governance.
In order for Ministry of Information to fulfil the aforementioned third strategic objective effectively and
efficiently with a strategic e-media leadership, opportunities have arisen to engage qualified persons of Malawian origin to fill the following non-established positions for one (1) year subject to renewal based on performance at its Central Information Office:
SENIOR INFORMATION OFFICER (GOVERNMENT INFORMATION COMMUNICATION UNIT) – GRADE H
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day today activities of the Central Office of Information;
- Ensure that all press briefings are well attended by the members of the media;
- Liaise with the Principal Online Communications Officer to ensure that all Central Offices of
information are well equipped and have good furniture;
- Attend meetings concerning the unit;
- Build and keep a data base of all media houses and media managers;
- Keep records of all activities managed by the office; and
- Distribute media briefs to concerned MDAs.
Required Academic and Professional Qualification and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/Mass Communication/ Communication Studies or Media Studies with at least two (2) years post graduate experience in e-media.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees including previous employer (s), where applicable, before close of business on 12th August, 2021 to:
The Secretary for Information
Private Bag 310
Attention: The Deputy Director of Human Resource Management & Development
Please note that the Ministry of Information is an equal opportunity Employer and only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.