Malawi University of Science and Technology
Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST) would like to engage suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill positions tenable in the Administration Directorate as follows,
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This job assists in the effective and efficient delivery of administration and secretarial services and Office functions in the University
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Among others, the Secretary shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drafting and typing correspondences.
- Handling confidential reports in the Section /Department.
- Facilitating events and visits in the Section/ Department, School.
- Maintaining fling system for various correspondences.
- Maintaining mail register for immediate supervisor in the Section/Department/School
- Making travel arrangements in the Section/Department/School.
- Operating office equipment and reporting faults
- Maintaining steady office supplies and accessories.
- Preparing reports as required from tine to time in the Section/Department
- Servicing meetings and taking minutes
QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Interested candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma Secretarial Administration/Business Management/Business Administration/Human Resource Management
- Secretarial certificates with shorthand speed of 120 WPM and Type Writing speed of 50 WPM
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in similar work or environment.
- Good understanding of the university business environment.
- Approachable, confident and organised
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and attributes should submit then applications, together with up-to-date curriculum vitae plus copies of their academic qualifications, professional qualifications and copies of registration certificates with relevant regulatory bodies (where applicable), not later than 3rd August 2021. The Curriculum Vitae must include the the candidate’s names in full; date of birth; academic qualifications, work experience; and names and email addresses of three traceable referees.
Applications must be submitted to:
All electronic applications must be duly signed. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.