Higher Education Students’ Loans and Grants Board (HESLGB)
The Higher Education Students’ Loans and Grants Board (HESLGB) is a Statutory body mandated to facilitate provision of loans and grants to needy and deserving students that are pursuing higher education in accredited institutions of higher academic learning. HESLGB is also mandated to facilitate the recovery of loans from all former beneficiaries of student loans.
HESLGB is looking for qualified and highly motivated individuals to fill the following available vacancy at the institution:
Title of Post : Accounts Assistant
Grade : HES 7
Reporting : Assistant Finance Officer
Preparation of payments vouchers, cheques and records cheques in a register. Posting of payments and receipts in Sage accounting package.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Manager will include:
- Preparing payment vouchers after making sure that all the necessary supporting documents are attached;
- Preparing cheques and online payments;
- Recording cheques in a cheque register;
- Maintaining petty cash and petty cash register;
- Posting payments and receipts in Sage Accounting Package;
- Cashing cheques for the office;
- Payment of allowances to meeting participants;
- Filing payment vouchers in cheque number sequence;
- Stamping PAID all payment vouchers and attachments soon after cheques are signed;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Diploma in Accounting or finance from recognized institutions;
• Experience in similar position preferably in reputable institution
• Knowledge of accounting software i.e. Sage Evolution.
Method of Application
All interested applicants in this category should send their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae including three traceable referees that includes previous employer, not later than Monday, 26th July, 2021 to:
The Executive Director
Higher Education Students’ Loans and Grants Board
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position you are applying for on the envelope or in your e-mail.
HESLGB is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.