Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice has secured funds from Treasury for the recruitment of qualified Malawians to fill various positions existing in its various duty stations on non – establishment for the period of one year. These positions exist temporarily subject to extension upon approval by Treasury.
State Advocate H/P8: (Non – Establishment)
Suitable qualified Malawian candidates are invited to apply for this vacant post existing in the Ministry of Justice as detailed below :-
Post : State Advocate, v, iv, iii, ii, i
Grade : H/P8
Location : Lilongwe, Mzuzu and Blantyre
Salary : Within the Grade H salary segment
Reporting to : The Chief State Advocate
Candidates should be holders of a minimum of Bachelor of Laws (Honors) Degree obtained from the University of Malawi, or from any other recognized institution plus a Certificate from Malawi Institute of Legal Education.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prosecuting all cases assigned from time to time;
2. Reviewing evidence in criminal cases, conducting research and writing legal opinions;
3. Supervision of State Advocate and Paralegal Officers in the Ministry;
4. Providing legal advice to Government ministries and departments;
5. Conducting research and writing legal opinions in civil matters and all such others matters falling within the mandate of the Ministry;
6. Representing Government at various national and international conferences;
7. Any other duties that may be assigned.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letters together with copies of their qualifications and an updated Curriculum Vitae with three (3) traceable referees to the following address not later than 9th August, 2021:
Ministry of Justice,
Private Bag 333,
Attention: Director of Human Resource Management and Development