- Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting the Officer, Financial Accounting & Reporting is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports . S/he preparies financial reports and maintains records of assets, liabilities, revenue and expenditure, payments and other financial activities and conducts regular checks of the internal controls.
- Monitoring balance sheet and income statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
- Preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that outstanding items are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported.
- Be the custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the central repository for all financial and management information for the Bank.
- Monitor and ensure reconciliation of Intercompany balances and resolve all mismatches arising thereon.
- Reconcile SAP and Finacle disbursement accounts and SAP general ledger accounts.
- Daily review and clearance of suspense accounts
- Resolution of daily Trial Balance differences
- Act as a secretariat for reconciliation committee and enforce compliance with Balance sheet substantiation guide.
- Preparation of reconciliations and ageing analysis for all suspense accounts including system generated accounts and all bank and other accounts requiring reconciliation. Ensure sign-off on each reconciliation.
- Ensure controls over reconciliation of suspense accounts by Finance interfacing units are in place.
- Facilitating the opening of accounts in Finacle and SAP.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Finacle is an added advantage.