To grow and retain the identified merchant and user relationships within the region to drive visibility, scale, and adoption of the platform. To educate regional merchants in terms of the roles they play for the platform and the available functionality of the platform. Engage merchants and users within the region to gather feedback to determine areas of improvement, from a platform usability and value-adding offerings perspective. Liaise with Marketing and Communications to craft campaigns.
- Implement identification, growth, and engagement strategies to collaborate with platform merchants within the region, in order to support the physical presence, visibility and accessibility of the platform and drive growth in the number of platform users.
- Educate possible and existing merchants within the region on the platform offerings, possibilities, and functionality to raise awareness and drive adoption to support platform strategic targets.
- Provide input to the development of scaling strategies and processes, based on research, experience with merchants, their requirements, insights, and specific scenarios to inform relationship and retention management processes.
- Identify technical development implications from approved merchant strategies and communicate these to the development teams for design, testing and future implementation.
- Coordinate and guide inputs to marketing strategies and all related collateral and activities as identified by superior.
- Support regional merchants in their respective marketing and branding processes, identifying opportunities to improve revenue and traffic in the interest of leveraging their business success for the platform, taking guidance from superior as required.
- Track and monitor the merchant related goals and metrics, alerting superiors to areas of concern or under performance.
- Project trade financials for the respective regional merchant sectors, monitoring accuracy and amending these for future planning as required.
• Draft performance, merchant, and other visibility and adoption reports for input into planning, strategy, and other end-user conversion processes.Technology & Architecture
- Participate in the viability assessment of identified development opportunities, identifying the collaboration and information requirements of the application development team (or technology partners).
- Support the application development process by engaging and collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in order to align the requirements and processes of the various work streams.Client
- Continually grow and develop relationships with merchants, technology partners and other stakeholders, with the aim of retaining a wide variety of merchants to improve access and service delivery for platform users to drive the virality and large scale end-user adoption and commercialisation of the platform.Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Track merchant related approvals and decision making requirements, and escalate delays or deviations to the immediate superior.
- Advise and guide regional merchants in compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Address and close out internal, risk or regulatory findings within defined timeline, engaging team members as required.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Holder of first degree in Business Commerce or its equivalent
- Must have 3-4 years working experience in Telco, or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) Industry