Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a recognized global leader in the fight against
HIV/AIDS. In its work to eliminate Pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs, EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners.
In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. EGPAF supports service provision for comprehensive HIV care, treatment and prevention programs, and health systems strengthening. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care.
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 179 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi
Position : Informatics/Data Management officer (IDMO)
Direct Supervisor : Senior Informatics Officer (SIO)
Location : EGPAF Offices-Lilongwe
The Informatics/Data Management officer is a proactive and self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of the Senior Informatics Officer will assist in utilizing data to provide a wide variety of information and solutions for better understanding of program performance. He or she will also assist the Senior Informatics Officer in the development of functional databases and business intelligence solutions for the organization and supported institutions and lead data audits, data quality and analytics strategies across the organization. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance of functional databases with dashboards and GIS systems for the purposes of translating various EGPAF program M&E data/indicators into actionable decision making practices. He/she will assist in building capacity of SI&E team on the informatics applications and geospatial analysis. He/she will aggregate, organize, manage and synthesize data on various programmatic areas, show trends of programming impact; identify anomalies, produce cutting-edge data visualizations to enhance data use.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Databases and Business Intelligence
- Assist the IGL in working with cross-functional teams to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects. Translate these business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data storage/ data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration.
- Lead data quality audit and assist in the development of a data quality tool.
- Use BI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs for both external and internal users.
- Assist in ensuring that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision making
- Assist in creating and maintain data repositories, dashboards, and analytical solutions using software tools within our data environment.
- Assist in the implementation, management and support of mission-critical enterprise BI reporting and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes.
- Create and maintain databases, reports and queries using MS SQL, MySQL, SSAS, SSIS or other solutions as needed (knowledge of SQL and T-SQL is imperative and not an added advantage)
- Work with IGL to develop Data Management SOPs for all data management processes.
- Perform data quality assurance functions as related to reporting and data validation across different levels where electronic systems are used.
- Maintain a pulse and knowledge to new technology that may enhance organizational goals and performance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports, and assist in the preparation of the annual work plans and reports.
- Provide TA to facility, national and regional stakeholders in the rollout of EMR to ensure high quality data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Advanced Diploma or Degree in Information technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Health Information Systems, or Degree. (having a Degree will by no means give you an edge over a Diploma holder who has better technical expertise)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines while producing quality content.
- Working experience/Knowledge in the following is added advantage
- Power BI (Data modelling in power BI, M Language)
- Database development (MS SQL, MS Access)
- Experience in geo-spatial analytic tools (Arc GIS, QGIS etc.)
- MS Power tools (Power query, Power pivot, Power view)
- MS Analysis services (Data model creation, DAX language, working with Tabular data models, Working with multi-dimensional data models)
- MS Reporting Services (Create data sources, Dashboard creation, reporting services configuration Manager, Publishing dashboards (i-frame) and Publishing dashboards on the web)
- MS Integration Services (Control flow setup, Data flow setup, Event handlers)
- IIS (Web applications creation, certificate setup, Port forwarding, Bindings, Application pools)
- Apache, Tomcat or any Open source web server
- Some experience with Open MRS
- Experience with ART data.
- Node JS and React
- Experience with meta-data standards and database best practices.
- Dataset preparation, Data cleaning (using SQL Scripts)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, data lover, ability to think big picture strategy and navigate details to ensure accuracy.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Highly organized, meticulous and reliable
- Comfortable working independently and developing new procedures and systems
- Good interpersonal skills
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are
welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum Vitae including names and contacts of at least three traceable referees, and indicating their availability to take up the position. Women are encouraged to Apply.
Closing Date: 24th July, 2021