ActionAid Malawi (AAM)
ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL IN MALAWI
ActionAid Malawi (AAM) was established in 1990 under the country Agreement signed with the Government of Malawi and in 2007 registered as a local organization under the companies Act. AAM is implementing a three-year Adolescent Girls and Young Women(AGYW) Project (2021- 2023) under the Joint HIV/TB Global Fund program in Mangochi. The overall goal of the AGYW program is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women hence contributing towards achievement of 90: 90: 90 targets stipulated in the Malawi National Strategic Plan of HIV.
As one way for enhancing effective program delivery through supportive supervision, mentorship and programing implementation tracking for a quality programing, ActionAid Malawi now seeks to engage the services of highly motivated personnel to support accelerated implementation of an HIV prevention project targeting Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project.
ActionAid now urgently invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
|Position||: Program Manager|
|Reporting to||:Head of Programmes and Policy|
|Duty Station||: Mangochi|
The Program Manager shall be responsible for the design, development, implementation and management of AGYW Program in ActionAid Malawi. The role provides oversight and technical leadership in implementation of AGYW program. The holder shall be the key contact in the implementation of the program and sits in technical working groups relevant to AGYW both at district and national level. The role provides linkages from the ground to national policy drive on AGYW.
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the programme, including providing overall technical guidance and support to the program team.
- Provide program quality control through leading training of staff, volunteers, partners in the quality improvement framework and conducting supervision visits in relation to quality improvement plan.
- Overseeing programme budgets, including coordination and utilization of programme funds, to ensure sub-recipients contributes to the achievements of the grant.
- Leading, managing and supervising programme staff to ensure programme objectives are achieved.
- Overseeing coordination of meetings and networking with other relevant stakeholders as well representing the SR in various sector coordination meetings and networking events
- Review and approve program activity requests.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Master`s Degree in Public Health or its equivalent from a recognized University, bachelor`s degree in social sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- At least 10 years working experience in Project / Programmes management function in INGO or a large organization of which at least five (5) years must have been at senior management position.
- Have and understanding of gender issues in development and demonstrable commitment to promoting gender equity within the organization and in programme work.
- Have demonstrated in-depth understanding of AGYW.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should apply by email only to : Recruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org Submission should be made by 5pm, 9th June ,2021.
ActionAid Malawi welcomes applications from all sections of community and promotes diversity. All applications will be considered on their individual merit. Suitably Qualified Malawi nationals especially female leaders are encouraged to apply.