The Anti-Corruption Bureau was established by an Act of Parliament to receive and investigate complaints of alleged or suspected corrupt practices; to prosecute offences under the Corrupt Practices Act; to investigate and report on the conduct of any public officer which is connected or conducive to corrupt practices; to take necessary measures for the prevention of corruption in public and private bodies and to solicit public support in the fight against corruption.
ACB is in the process of recruiting suitable persons to fill vacant post as follows:
Senior Assistant Legal and Prosecutions Officer G8/J
Responsible to : Chief Assistant Legal and Prosecutions Officer
Responsible for : Assistant Legal and Prosecutions Officer
Duty Station : Lilongwe,
Purpose of the Job
To prosecute both criminal and civil matters on behalf of the Bureau in the Magistrate Court.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing Legal Opinions and advice on investigations.
- Offering Legal Advice as may be determined by the Chief Assistant Legal and Prosecutions Officer
- Conducting prosecutions before the Magistrates’ Courts.
- Providing any other legal services as may be assigned to him by the Chief Assistant Legal and Prosecutions Officer
- Providing data to monitoring and evaluation section on activities of the Division
- Carrying out comprehensive crime reading, this includes Evaluation of Evidence, preparation of Legal Reports and briefs.
- Carrying out research on legal issues pertinent to the operations of the Bureau.
- Handling matters pertaining to the preparation of cases for prosecution.
- Budgeting of Legal and Prosecutions Division.
- Conducting performance appraisal.
- Liaising with other officers on matters of prosecution.
- Supervising the subordinates.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• Diploma in Law recognized by Malawi Government.
• Five years experience in prosecution
Details of the Post are as follows:
- Employment will be on a three (3) year contract period, renewable depending on performance.
- Competitive/attractive remuneration package will be offered.
- Applicants must be of outstanding honesty and integrity.
- Applicants should be willing to be subjected to a vetting process.
- Applicants must be computer literate to be able to work in a highly computerized environment.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Successful applicants will be required to abide by the Bureau’s Strict Code of Conduct and Ethical Behaviour.
If you think you meet the standards set out for the post above, please send your application and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Director General
P.O. Box 2437
Please indicate the post you have applied for on the envelope.
Closing Date for applications is 14th June, 2021
A CAREER IN THE ANTI-CORRUPTION BUREAU IS A COMMITMENT TO FIGHTING CORRUPTION.
Anti-Corruption Bureau is an equal opportunities employer.