St John’s Institute for Health
St John’s Institute for Health (formerly St John’s College of Nursing & Midwifery) is one of the eleven (11) Christian Health Association of Malawi (CHAM) training colleges. The college was opened in 1963 by Medical Missionary of Mary Sisters (MMM) and is the Health Training Arm of the Health Commission in the Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu. The College exists to promote the healing ministry of Jesus Christ through training of competent and safe health professionals empowered to serve their community holistically.
Senior Copy Typist (Grade K)
• Malawi School Certificate of Education.
• Diploma in Secretarial Management
• Shorthand speed of 120 words per minute.
• Typing Advanced (50 words per minute)
• Office Procedures.
• English for Business Communication.
• Secretarial experience of at least two years.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will be undertaking the following duties:
• Maintaining a filing system which will allow easy retrieval of information.
• Maintaining incoming and outgoing mail to ensure that it is directed to appropriate offices.
• Making travel arrangements and all other arrangements for meetings.
• Taking minutes of meetings at departmental level.
• Maintaining a departmental diary in order to facilitate adherence to work schedules and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to interact with both staff and students.
• Able to handle secretarial duties with professionalism and confidentiality.
St Johns Institute will provide remuneration packages as prescribed by CHAM and Government. However, the Board of Governors may solicit motivational packages and offer the most competitive conditions for its employees.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Send your applications including an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees to:
The College Registrar
St. John’s Institute for Health
P.O. Box 18, MZUZU.
Applications should reach the office no later than 18th June, 2021.