Cotton Council of Malawi
COTTON COUNCIL OF MALAWI was established by the Cotton Act of 2013 with the mandate to regulate, develop and improve the cotton industry in Malawi.
The Vision of CCM is to become a progressive regulator effectively contributing to the economic development of a sustainable cotton industry.
The Mission of the council is to contribute to the growth of the cotton industry through development of standard and regulations, ensuring adherence to fair trade practices by value chain players, promotion of sustainable innovations and information sharing through a competent and committed workforce.
CCM wishes to recruit suitably qualified, experienced and dedicated individuals to fill the following posts:
Position: Assistant Cotton Development Officer (1)
Duty Station: Blantyre
Reports to: Cotton Development Officer
Purpose of the position
The Assistant Cotton Development Officer shall implement cotton development operations in the region and collaborate with cotton sector players.
- Coordination cotton extension services in collaboration with other cotton subject matter specialists in the agricultural area.
- Inspecting cotton markets and equipment used by buyers in purchasing cotton from farmers.
- Organizing cotton farmers for dissemination of new cotton technologies.
- Organizing, coordinating and supervising cotton seed multiplication and other cotton research activities.
- Enforcing and ensuring compliance with cotton regulations by all cotton sector players.
Qualification and Experience
• Diploma in Agriculture
• At least two (2) years’ experience in providing cotton extension services.
• Experience in cotton production will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of crop husbandry and extension services.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
HOW TO APPLY
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their applications, including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
COTTON COUNCIL OF MALAWI
P.O BOX 30071
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th June, 2021.