Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates of Malawian nationality to fill the vacant post of Internal Audit Manager at the Tobacco Commission.
The Tobacco Commission was established by an Act of Parliament under the Tobacco Industry Act No. 10 of 2019 as the regulator of the tobacco industry in Malawi. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, a vacancy of Internal Audit Manager exits at the Commission.
Examine and evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls necessary for the good running of the Tobacco Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake regular periodic compliance testing of key controls over accounting, financial, and operating management information and control systems;
- Determine whether the systems of internal control are adequate and functioning effectively and efficiently;
- Ascertain the extent to which the Commission’s property and other third party property under the control of the Commission are accounted for, used and safeguarded from losses of any kind;
- Assess the relevance, reliability and adequacy of the management 3. Have practical experience in the design and implementation of data;
- Promote effective controls at reasonable cost;
- Assess value obtained for moneys expended and evaluate alternative future expenditure;
- Recommend changes in procedures and systems to improve efficiency and prevent waste and extravagance;
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies, plans and procedures and determine whether they are effective in securing the intended purpose;
- Advise on appropriate systems of internal control and other operational matters;
- Carry out special investigations, appraisals, inspections and examinations in areas having financial, operation or management impact;
- Identify key risk areas and advise on the requisite internal control systems/strategies to be introduced/implemented in order to safeguard TC financial resources; as may be required.
- Liaise with External Auditors on any audit queries and assistance
- Monitor and report on compliance with internal policies and procedures as outlines above.
- Review Management systems and operations for efficacy and the adequacy of controls over activities leading to the achievement of the Commission’s objectives;
- Participate in the planning, design, development and implementation of computer based and other administrative systems to determine whether:
i. Adequate controls are incorporated in the systems
ii. Satisfactory system testing is performed at appropriate stages
iii. System documentation is complete and accurate and;
iv. The needs of users are taken into account.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess professional qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA, or equivalent and a Bachelor’s Degree in an Accounting related field;
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in entity auditing.
1. Extensive experience in auditing entities;
2. Have proven abilities to prepare and maintain accounts; computerized accounting systems;
4. Have a commendable track record working in a competitive and challenging environment;
5. Have effective negotiation skills;
6. Have excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills;
7. Be a self-starter and an innovative team player.
8. Have high analytical and investigative skills
9. Ability to work in cross-functional teams
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their applications enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates with names and contact details of three
traceable referees by 21st May, 2021 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Tobacco Commission
P.O. Box 40045
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.