Advancing Girls Education in Africa ( AGE Africa)
Advancing Girls Education in Africa ( AGE Africa) is seeking a dynamic and talented Programme and Learning Manager to provide Programme Governance and Direction. In this exciting new role, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all the organisation’s programmes adhere to organisational quality standards and deliver results. The successful candidate will contribute to organisational leadership, program design and planning, personnel management, and support organizational resource mobilization and effective finance management across all programmes. She/he will have proven development programming experience, a solid commitment to girls’ education, and the dedication to ensure the successful delivery of our strategic plan. One of the critical duties of the Program
Manager is to guide the implementation of the overall M&E framework and work with the Monitoring Consultant to carry out a monitoring plan to ensure the timely provision of project information and reports to relevant stakeholders. This position reports to the Country Director.
Program Design & Development
- Work with Country Director to lead programme design, development and innovation efforts to fulfill AGE Africa’s mission and vision.
– Lead the development of annual programme goals, expected outcomes, outputs, targets in collaboration with District Officers to define success metrics for program projects.
– Lead a collaborative effort to evaluate and revise programme delivery approaches and performance criteria while ensuring that programmes are aligned with AGE Africa’s strategic plan and relevant Malawi Government policies and programmes on girls education.
– Work with Country Director and field staff to design new programs and projects for AGE Africa within the framework of AGE Africa’s strategic plan, mission, and vision.
- Oversee implementation of AGE Africa’s programs.
– Establish and manage operational systems and staff structures required to successfully and efficiently achieve programme outcomes.
– Develop staff and team training for the implementation of updated and new program elements.
– Respond to programme implementation and quality issues.
– Ensure effective implementation of elements of AGE Africa’s strategic plan.
– Submit quarterly reports to the Country Director, highlighting the Key Performance Indicators in the results framework, achievements, and areas to improve.
Relationship Management, Resource Mobilization & Representation:
- Support development of strategic relationships with program stakeholders and external partners. This includes representing AGE Africa at relevant donor, government, coalition, and technical gatherings.
- Serve as high-level advocate and steward of AGE Africa’s girls’ rights and safety.
- Represent AGE Africa’s work and values in the media and with local stakeholders.
- Support Country Director in all resource mobilization efforts:
– Ensure effective donor stewardship
– Manage and lead grant reporting utilizing data from the field.
– Coordinate donor visits to districts, and head office meetings as needed.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Act as primary focal person, technical lead for organizational learning, and monitoring and evaluation.
– Oversee and support the Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant.
– Lead the design and implementation of the organisational M&E results framework.
– Oversee the collection, analysis, and dissemination of routine monitoring and reporting data, particularly for periodic donor reports.
– Ensure the quality of M&E data generated at all levels.
– Build the M&E capacity of staff, mentors, faculty advisors and stakeholders.
– Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with staff and key stakeholders.
- Supervise District Officers
– Oversee workplan development and goal achievement
– Work with Country Director to perform annual performance reviews of all District Officers
– Provide relevant training and capacity-building support as needed.
– Make recommendations to Country Director for professional development of specific staff.
- Supervise M&E Staff (Monitoring Officer)
– Oversee work plan development and goal achievement to align with AGE Africa’s strategic plan
- Educated to a Master’s Degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum five years proven experience of:
o M&E methods, the logical framework approach, and other strategic planning strategies
o Demonstrated understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods
o Designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems
o Training others in M&E development and implementation
o Data analysis and report writing
A solid understanding of international development with a focus on education, especially
o Demonstrated project management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written English and computer skills
- A genuine interest in and commitment to the values and ethos of AGE Africa, which centres on promoting girls education
- Excellent organizational and networking skills
- Experience of working in an international development organisation
- Experience of working with adolescent girls
- Experience of M&E and project cycle management
- Experience of compiling reports for external stakeholders.
- Experience of building the capacity of staff and partners in relevant development programming concepts
- Ability to manage donor compliance
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of excel, Microsoft Office, SPSS and other M&E data management computer packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Extremely well organised and able to coordinate and prioritise varied activities
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadline
- A team player, able to work both proactively and supportively within a community of practice
- Able to work on own initiative
- High levels of personal integrity and commitment
Mode of application
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should submit their application, including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees clearly marked with the position being applied for to:
Advancing Girls Education in Africa ( AGE Africa),
Malawi Post Corporation Conference Centre,
Opposite Blantyre Museum
P.O Box 31074,
The closing date for receiving of applications is 21st May, 2021 at 5pm