Banja La Mtsogolo
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 24 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Nurse (1 Position) to support in outreach sites.
NURSE (1 POSITION)
The purpose of the position is to provide high quality integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in line with BLM/MSI standards
A Service Provision:
- Provision of comprehensive family planning and sexual reproductive health services in line with protocols and procedures.
- Perform surgical procedures in both, health centres and community outreach sites, in line with MSI/BLM/MoH standards.
- Counsel clients and provide advice for family planning, sexual transmitted infections, HIV/AIDs and other SRH services
- Assist in the treatment room during surgical procedures
- Examine clients and treat STIs and minor ailments
- Prescribe and dispense drugs
- Practicing high standards of infection prevention at all times while ensuring that clinic protocols are maintained to MSI/BLM/MoH standards.
B Client care
- In line with Ministry of Health and, BLM clinical standards, provide effective and safe care to all clients, which has the following qualities: Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, prompt, excellent, with positive client experience as perceived and judged by customers
- Implementation of MSI pain management guidelines which includes “vocal local”, a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures.
- Lead management of any clinical and products related incidents to safeguard safety of clients, including incident reporting, gathering, submission of client documents, investigation, and completion of developed action plans.
C Record keeping and reporting
• Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
• Monitor levels of medical and pharmaceutical supplies
D Demand Generation
• Work closely with BCCI teams for demand generation of outreach services.
• Work closely with RHAs to strengthen the demand generation for the project.
• Support and take part in promotional events.
• Other duties assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing/Midwifery and duly registered with the Nursing and Midwives Council of Malawi
- 2- 5 years proven professional experience
- Patient counselling, including youth counselling
- Extensive provision of FP services
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent communicator who can work with health facility staff through a collaborative approach
• Knowledge of Word and Excel for reporting, and a willingness to learn CLIC
• communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team
• Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and detail-oriented team environment
• Effective in report writing
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees as follows:
• One reference from your current employer or most recent employer
• One reference from your previous employer
• One reference from your last employer and
• One reference from your last but one employer
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Director
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
LILONGWE. E-mail: email@example.com; to reach him not later than 8th May 2021.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunities employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed