Nkhoma University invites applications from qualified persons to fill the following vacancies tenable at Nkhoma University Head Office in Lilongwe City.
I.T. TECHNICIAN (2 Posts)
The IT Technicians will be responsible for installing and maintaining computer systems and networks, and provide support to users of the systems to ensure appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
Working odd hours will be required to ensure that planned tasks are successfully carried out or extended beyond the normal working hours.
The successful candidates should have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidates should also have effective troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Offer timely technical support to staff and students.
2. Support network infrastructure to ensure it provides a secure and stable environment.
3. Manage network and internet access control.
4. Administer the Students Management Information Systems (SMIS) and servers.
5. Maintain and repair hardware.
6. Install and configure hardware and software.
7. Test and evaluate new software and hardware.
8. Monitor and control the usage of computer laboratories.
9. Ensure electrical safety standards.
10. Install and upgrade anti-virus software.
11. Interpret technical documentation.
12. Conduct daily backup operations.
13. Prepare periodic IT reports.
14. Any other duties assigned by the University from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Information Technology;
2. Certification as IT Technician would be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional);
In addition to these qualifications, applicants must also have the following attributes:
1) Familiarity with social media Apps and graphic design;
2) Proven experience as computer technician or similar role;
3) Experience with LAN/WAN networks;
4) Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components;
5) Excellent knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles;
6) Highly innovative and self-motivated;
7) Excellent trouble shooting skills;
8) 3+years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance;
9) Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
10) Good interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents should be attached to email applications.
Applicants should also submit letters of recommendation from three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and character.
Applications should be submitted as follows:
- One hard copy;
- An electronic copy in PDF format by email to be sent to the following email:
Applications must be sent before 24th May, 2021, addressed to:
P.O. Box 136, Lilongwe
Or delivered at:
Nkhoma University-Head Office
Behind Lilongwe CCAP Church
Area 2, Lilongwe