Balaka, Nkhotakota and Mzimba
Accelerating Commercial and Community Energy Supply Sustainably (ACCESS)
United Purpose (UP) is an international relief and development organization that strives to empower Malawians to identify and achieve their own development objectives. UP supports practical actions that enable people to improve their lives and shape their own future. UP works in partnership with District Councils and communities to implement development interventions reaching over 1,000,000 rural people each year.
With funding from Irish Aid, UP has been implementing a five-year ACCESS program since 2017 which aims at improving the livelihoods of 80% of the population anticipated to be living in ‘energy poverty’, by contributing to the Government of Malawi’s goal of ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, efficient and modern energy for all Malawians by 2030.
Among other objectives, the project aims at increasing energy access to rural and peri-urban households and communities in Malawi through;
- Scaling up of integration of cook stoves into the Social Cash Transfer in Dedza, Nkhotakota and Mzimba districts
- Establishment of Value Chains for Portable Solar Products in Balaka, Zomba, Dedza and Machinga
UP therefore is looking for three well qualified and experienced Field Facilitators to support implementation of field activities of stove and solar distributions and sales in the targeted districts. The Project will end on 31st December 2021, may be extended depending on performance and availability of funds.
FIELD FACILITATOR (Based in Balaka, Nkhotakota and Mzimba)
The Field Facilitator has responsibility for distribution of stoves and solar lamps to SCT beneficiaries supporting stove and solar sales agents with marketing and promotion activities, ensuring that sales targets are met and all issues are reported to management in a timely manner. He/she will also be responsible for supporting activity planning and reporting. The Field Facilitator will be reporting to the Energy Project Coordinator.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Support planning and reporting of project activities.
- Support distribution of vouchers, stoves and solar lamps to sales agents and Social Cash Transfer beneficiaries in targeted districts
- Support implementation of marketing and promotion activities of stoves and solar products
- Support and monitor stove and solar sales agents and ensure continuous supply of stoves and solar lamps for sale
- Facilitating business trainings for sales agents
- Support market creation for stoves and solar lamps in collaboration with sales agents
- Undertake any duties assigned by the line manager
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position
- Diploma: Business management/Environmental Management/ Community Development
- Experience of marketing and promotion of products
- Knowledge and understanding relating to solar products and Chitetezo Mbaula
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills essential
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chichewa
- Desirable – experience with decentralised energy businesses
The ideal candidate would have a full, clean Motorcycle license and the ability to ride a motorcycle.
How to apply:
Qualified and interested candidates who meets the stated requirements must submit a completed Application Form. Please note that CVs and cover letters will not be accepted.
Please visit http://united-purpose.org/s/Job-Application-Form.doc to download the Application Form, and then submit the completed form via email only to applicationsmw@united‐purpose.org. When submitting, please put YOUR NAME_ [POSITION APPLIED] in the email title and application form. Any applications that do not include this in the title will not be considered.
No hard copy / physical applications will be accepted. Closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is midnight of 7th May 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about UP, please visit our website at www.unitedpurpose.org/malawi/.
UP is an equal opportunity employer, and women are particularly encouraged to apply.