Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM)
Banja La Mtsogolo (BLM) is a Malawian Non-Governmental Healthcare Organization established in 1987. BLM provides quality Family Planning and Reproductive Healthcare including HIV/AIDS information and interventions. BLM is a senior member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Partnership which works in 43 countries. BLM exists to improve quality of life in Malawi through family planning and reproductive health care services. BLM serves over 800,000 clients annually and makes a significant contribution to national family planning objectives. The organization has national coverage, operating through 24 clinics, and numerous outreach clinic sites.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of Clinician.
LOCATION: SOUTH, CENTRAL & NORTH
The purpose of the position is to provide high quality integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in line with MSI standards
- Ensure team is meeting monthly and develop action plans in line with identified challenges
- Submit monthly performance reports within the stipulated time frames
- Mentoring team members in line with MSI/BLM core values
- Assist in managing the relationship between the centre and all stakeholders within the community or district Service Provision
- Provision of comprehensive family planning/ sexual reproductive health and general health services in line with laid down protocols and procedures including HIV testing services
- Perform surgical procedures in both the Centre and at community outreach sites in line with MSI/BLM/MOH standards (including BTLs, PAC, Implant insertion / removal, circumcision) Client Care
- In line with Ministry of Health and, BLM clinical standards, provide effective and safe care to all clients, which has the following qualities: Consistent, Reliable, Courteous, Value for money, prompt, excellent, with positive client experience as perceived and judged by customers
- Implementation of MSI pain management guidelines which includes “vocal local”, a MSI conversation technique used to relax clients during procedures.
- Lead management of any clinical and products related incidents to safeguard safety of clients, including incident reporting, gathering, submission of client documents, investigation, and completion of developed action plans.
Record Keeping and Reporting
• Routinely maintain accurate records of all procedures and produce reports as necessary.
• Ensure that clinical governance procedures are adhered to.
Marketing and business development
- Together with other members of the centres team, contribute to ensuring that the centre is self-sustaining and help generate additional clients, retain existing clients and “cross-sell” BLM services, liaise with Community Outreach Programme and the RHA’s support and take part in promotional events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- 3-5 years’ post-qualification experience as a Clinical Officer, with significant experience performing mini laparotomy
- Commendable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and comprehensive report writing skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Extensive knowledge of modern family practices and procedure.
• Thorough knowledge of the use and effects of various drugs.
• General knowledge of obstetrics and gynaecology.
• Ability to perform mini-laparotomy and minor surgical procedures without supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and other team members.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions involving non-routine problems
Contract start date
• The incumbent will be required to start performing their duties by Early June 2021
• The incumbent will be reporting to the Centre Manager
If you are interested and you meet the above requirements, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter including names and contact details of at least three traceable referees as follows:
• One reference from your current employer or most recent employer
• One reference from your previous employer
• One reference from your last employer and
• One reference from your last but one employer
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Director
Banja La Mtsogolo
P.O. Box 1854
E-mail: email@example.com; to reach him not later than Monday 10th May 2021.
“Our organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment”
BLM is an equal opportunity employer. No canvassing of any kind is allowed.