Mzuzu University is Malawi’s Second Public University established under the Laws of Malawi Cap 30:09, Mzuzu University Act No. 12 of 1997. The University is a dual mode public institution and hence has face-to face and open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) students. Mzuzu University also offers some of its programmes on block, week-end and vacation releases and through collaborations with international partners.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on a fixed-term employment contract.
Reporting to the Director of Research/University Registrar, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities in the University.
Candidates must have the following:
- A Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Demographics, Business Administration, Economics or related field obtained from a reputable and accredited institution of higher learning;
- Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position in a large organization; and
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of data management and use of statistical softwares (STATA, SPSS, SAS, GenStat) for analysis;
- Demonstrable skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Excellent quantitative analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer application skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting, collating, analyzing and storing data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators;
- Checking quality of data;
- Maintaining and administering the M&E database;
- Producing and presenting reports on M&E findings;
- Ensuring relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders;
- Ensuring compliance with deadlines for completing annual work plans and M&E plans, and quarterly progress updates are submitted in a timely manner;
- Monitoring and adjusting annual work plans and M&E plans as activities change during the year and capture changes in relevant documents; and
- Any other reasonable duties related to M&E function as assigned by Management.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
The application should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional qualifications as well as names and contact details of three traceable referees. The job title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
Private Bag 201
Or Electronic Submission:
Electronic submission of the application should be sent as attachments in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the application should show the position being applied for. To reach the University not later than Friday, 7th May 2021. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.