Farm Radio Trust
FRT Holdings Limited (FHL) is a subsidiary of Farm Radio Trust (FRT), whose vision is to be a leading multimedia institution in Malawi, providing competitive and quality ICT and solutions products to the development sector. Its mission is to provide communication outreach services through ICT solutions and complementing services to the general populace in a sustainable manner through a market-led approach.
FHL is establishing a Radio Station (Mlimi FM) hence it is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the positions of:
Radio Programming Manager
Reporting To: Head of Radio Broadcasting Services/Station
The position will be responsible for managing all day-to-day radio broadcasts and ensure alignment to the set goals and vision of the radio station.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate programming activities including resource persons
- Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members
- Coming up with program ideas and suggesting names on in line with the objective of Farm Radio Trust, using information such as audience survey and FRT Literature
- Train and develop team members and undertake day to day management of all staff in the programs department; encouraging creativity and commercial awareness
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are followed, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of high quality to contribute to the station’s success
- To ensure that programming complies with the laws, regulations and industry codes governing radio broadcasting and ensure that complaints are dealt with swiftly
- Manning continuity shifts
- Responsible for the creation and presentation of any pre-recorded output including programmes and advertisements.
- Preparing and reviewing program materials prior to broadcasting
- Creating program concepts, developing content, writing scripts and links
- Carrying out research and development of content
- Producing pre-production briefings for presenters, technical staff, reporters and other contributors
- Covering Out of Station Broadcasts
- Preparing accurate monthly reports for the department
- Jointly with target Clients/ Audience develop programme concepts
- Ensuring Copyright clearance for broadcast materials and that output is in line with MACRA regulations.
- Any adhoc tasks assigned to you by management due to nature of the industry
Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication , Journalism or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years in radio station programming and management
- Able to supervise an multi tasked team
- Quality management
- Results driven
- Developing standards
- Foster teamwork
- Handles pressure
- Giving feedback
Interested and Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV and Motivation letter no later than Wednesday 21st April 2021 through firstname.lastname@example.org.