Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified person to fill the position of Temporary IT Assistant and the position is based in Lilongwe. The position holder Provides administrative and technical services in the effective installation and maintenance of information/ data processing equipment and software packages in Lilongwe and District Offices in Central and Northern regions
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Advanced Diploma from a reputable institution
- Familiar with day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organisation, with specific areas of the role involve:
- Supporting servers running Windows Server 2012 or higher and MS Office Products 2016 or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); trouble shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows based network (LAN) and servers
- Good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration
- Antivirus software for workstations and servers.
- Good communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Experience in application development
- fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous experience in an INGO is an advantage but not a requirement
- Ability and experience of training end users
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description