Save the Children
Save the Children is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the position of Supply Chain Manager for Save the Children Malawi and will be based in Lilongwe. The position holder is responsible and accountable for the overall effective delivery of all supply chain needs for the entire Save the Children country program. He/she will develop long term supply chain strategies to support Save the Children programmes and provide strategic leadership to the Coordinators and Officers in the supply chain department, including: Procurement, Fleet, Warehouse & Asset Management. The position Holder will ensure effective coordination of service delivery and implementation of procurement, fleet, warehouse, and assets in line with overall Save the Children strategic objectives. The person is also responsible for increasing the professional capacity of all supply chain and other program / functional staff country wide by providing constant on the job training and by conducting or organizing specific supply chain capacity development.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
All those that had applied for the earlier advert need not to re-apply.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Business Administration, with a bias in Supply Chain management and Post graduate training in a relevant field of study. A Masters’ degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications in Supply Chain Management. At least 7 years working experience in the same position or related position in a reputable organization, preferably an international NGO.
- Strategic and long term planning skills necessary for planning and implementing supply chain processes and procedures.
- Good practical experience in emergency preparation, response and management
- Creative and visionary
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- Strong people skills: Ability to manage mid-level managerial staff and the relations between them and the program staff they support.
- Strong negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- A management style which emphasizes support, strategic thinking general guidance and delegation of authority
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.