United Nations Volunteers
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Administrative Associate or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Administrative Assistant will ensure the following:
Maintenance of an Inventory Management system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in maintenance of the stores management system in accordance with UNDP regulations.
- Receiving of goods from various suppliers and ensure that stock records have been opened
- Record all goods received are updated in stock records.
- Ensure that all goods issued to programmes are updated in the stock records and timely replenishment of stores items.
- Prepare quarterly cost recoveries for all items issued to the programs and submit to finance.
Effective Transport management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in Maintenance of an efficient transport management system to ensure that trips are properly planned, and that transport is timely allocated to staff
- Support in reviewing Drivers Logbooks on weekly basis, to ensure that all trips made are properly authorized
- Support with monthly fuel reconciliations and cost recoveries
Effective Protocol services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely receipt of requests for Visas, Permits and invitation letters from eligible staff
- Timely processing of requests received by ensuring that all required documents are submitted to the government departments on time
- Follow up with government departments such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration Department to ensure that approved documents are received on time
- Communicate effectively with UNDP officials requiring protocol services and provide guidance on all the steps to be followed.
- Assist with UNDP Vehicle registrations and deregistration by ensuring that all required steps are followed and timely submission of documents to the government departments.
- Assist with processing of waivers for international shipments to ensure timely clearance of goods.
- Maintain up to date records for all documentation issued.
Other administrative duties
- Supporting the Administrative Associate to ensure that the CO is ready for internal audits
- Backstopping the registry clerk in his absence
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or area related to Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- At least one year of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Administration, or supply chain, or other relevant programmes; experience with programme support is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in developmental work, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.