The Tobacco Commission was established by an Act of Parliament under the Tobacco Industry Act No. 10 of 2019. The Commission is responsible for the provision of regulatory services, promotion and development of the Tobacco Industry in Malawi.
In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, the Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates of Malawi origin to fill the following vacant position within its establishment.
The position is tenable at the Commission’s Offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Driver shall be responsible for driving the Commission’s vehicles as the job demands. He or she is therefore expected to perform the following duties:
- Driving Commission’s vehicles as assigned by the Administration Officer;
- Ensuring vehicles roadworthiness before driving by checking that there is adequate fuel, oil, brake fluid levels and tyre pressure;
- Keeping safely and in usable condition all car accessories such as wheel spanners, jack, spare tyre and triangles.;
- Cleaning vehicles;
- Reporting timely any vehicle defects;
- Keeping records and timely reporting road worthiness of vehicles i.e. COF, Road Permit, Insurance and service;
- Ensuring that vehicles are kept parked at safe and secured place;
- Ensuring that steps required by the rules and regulations are taken care of, in case of accidents.
- Maintain records of mileage fuel consumptions, tune ups, repairs, part replacement in the vehicle.
The desired candidate must possess the following;
- At least a minimum of a Malawi School Certificate of Education
- Requisite post qualification of at least five (5) years of work; experience in the same field from a reputable organization;
- Valid driving License with Category PSV;
- Valid Defensive Certificate from recognized institution;
- Must be matured, between 25 to 40 years of age;
- Those with certificate in Motor vehicle mechanics will have added advantage but not a must.
1. Must be highly motivated self-starter and innovative individual;
2. Must be able to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency;
3. Must have thorough Knowledge of the of the road network in Malawi;
4. Must have moral work conduct;
5. Be willing to work even during odd hours;
6. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates meeting the qualifications and experience should submit their applications giving detailed Curriculum Vitae and names and contacts details of their three (3) traceable referees not later than 22nd February, 2021, to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Tobacco Commission
P.O. Box 40045
Kanengo, Lilongwe 4.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.