REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: CONSULTANT / CONSULTING FIRM TO UNDERTAKE OUTCOME MEASUREMENT ACTIVITIES FOR HABITAT FOR HUMANITY MALAWI (HFHM)
Habitat for Humanity Malawi (HFHM) is seeking to recruit an experienced consultant / consulting firm to undertake outcome measurement activities. Habitat for Humanity Malawi (HFHM) is one of the 5 Habitat for Humanity National Organizations piloting the new output and outcome indicators. Therefore, HFHM seeks to appoint a team of consultants / consulting firm to undertake outcome measurement activities to pilot the outcome metrics in Malawi.
Habitat for Humanity International has a vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We emphasize housing for vulnerable groups; water, sanitation and hygiene; Disaster Risk Reduction and Response; informal vocation training; and security of land tenure. We are therefore constantly looking for new solutions that would make adequate housing accessible and affordable for all. We also aim to improve how we work with families and other stakeholders we partner with to support more families to have adequate and affordable housing. We also seek to better understand the effects of our work. Hence, we are developing a new results measurement system to help us generate evidence to enhance the quality of our programs to prove and improve outcomes for the people we serve. Global output and outcome metrics are part of this results measurement system, and we are in the process of defining and refining selected indicators across 4 program areas: basic services, habitability, affordability, and tenure security.
The outcome measurement activities shall be developed with the help of a consultant/ consulting firm with the following expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in outcome measurement using household surveys and other methods.
- Demonstrated previous experience measuring outcome indicators.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, planning, and executing household surveys.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various sampling techniques.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in quantitative data analysis, applying various statistical analyses and tests.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative data analysis using qualitative data analysis software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the Malawian context and fluency in at least one of the local languages.
- Strong project management experience and skills.
Interested eligible consultants may obtain Terms of Reference (TORs) and further information at https://www.habitat.mw/downloads up until 4th October 2023
Bids shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4th October 2023 at 12 noon
Post expires at 12:00pm on Wednesday October 4th, 2023