1.1 The Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC) is a body corporate established under the Competition and Fair Trading Act, Cap 48:09 of the Laws of Malawi. Its mandate is to regulate, monitor, control and prevent acts or behaviours which are likely to adversely affect competition and fair trading in any market in Malawi. The Commission strives to deliver high quality services to consumers, traders and other stakeholders. In order to improve its institutional image and customer confidence regarding the quality of its services, the Commission wishes to attain ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
1.2 Accordingly, the Commission wishes to develop a Quality Management Systems (QMS) Manual to guide its steps towards ISO certification, and also to ensure that quality is central to the operations of the Commission as it serves the public on matters of competition and consumer protection.
1.3 It is against this background that the Commission wishes to engage a consultant to develop the Quality Management Systems Manual as outlined below.
2. Scope and Methodology of the Assignment
The assignment will include:
- Conducting research including desk search and interviews with Commission’s staff, clients and other stakeholders to inform the manual development process;
- Developing the Quality Management Systems Manual;
- Presenting the contents of the manual to the Commission; and
- Submitting the manual to the Commission
3. Required Skills and Competencies
The Consultant to undertake this assignment should have the following attributes;
- Should have experience in developing QMS manuals;
- Should have demonstrable knowledge and skills in quality management systems and control;
- The lead Consultant should be a holder of at least a Master’s Degree in quality management or related field;
- Should have demonstrable knowledge in Malawi Competition Policy, Competition and Fair Trading Act, and public institution dynamics;
- Should have excellent skills in both oral and written English, and ability to make PowerPoint presentations.
4.0 Application Procedure
All interested individuals should submit their application letters, the budget for the assignment, CV and a copy of the highest academic qualification to the Commission. The envelope containing the said documents should be clearly labeled “Expression of Interest to Develop Quality Management Systems Manual for Competition and Fair Trading Commission” and should be addressed to:-
The Executive Director, Competition and Fair Trading Commission, Off Presidential Way, 1st Floor, Golden Peacock Office Complex, City Centre Private Bag 332, Capital City, Lilongwe 3
Email: [email protected]
Applications must be submitted by 28th February, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.