TITLE: VMMC Social & Behavior Change Communications Manager
DEADLINE: 29th November, 2019 by 12:00 noon send to email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Head of HIV Prevention Department
The Social and Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) Manager will provide oversight, technical direction, and implementation of SBCC for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and all HIV prevention-related initiatives based on key theories, models, and frameworks. The ultimate aim of the role will be to change social norms and behaviors in HIV prevention and increase demand for VMMC. The SBCC Manager will work closely with government, district, and local level stakeholders, and other USAID-funded programs to coordinate project activities to ensure standardization of messages and avoid duplication of effort.
With support from the Head of HIV Prevention, you will be:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership in social and behavior change communication to meet PSI and donor requirement targets/goals and deadlines;
- Manages and leads staff to ensure efficient and timely implementation of social and behavior change communication, community outreach, demand creation and social media;
- Work closely with technical team on the design, planning, and implementation of a comprehensive SBCC strategy;
- Provide staff with ongoing policy and training guidance on social and behavior change communication;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities related to social and behavior change communication;
- Prepares required reporting for social and behavior change communication activities;
- Prepares annual work plans and budgets for SBCC objectives and deliverables;
- A minimum of five years successfully implementing and managing community-level SBCC programs
- A minimum of a first degree in public health, health communications, communication for development;
- Demonstrated experience in successful management of large, community-based projects and in management of large inter-disciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying barriers to behavior change and developing sound communication plans that include innovative strategies to address them.
- Familiarity with best practices in social and behavior change communications;
- A history of interaction with governmental health systems, processes, and service delivery models in a way that leads to technically sound and productive SBCC interventions;
- Excellent written and spoken English and other local language skills and high levels of computer literacy.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, or employment status.